Communication & Information – major programe V
The Overarching objective of UNESCO in the area of communication and information is ‘Building Inclusive Knowledge Societies through Information and Communication’.
For the biennium 2014 – 2017, the Sector set out to:
Main line of action 1: Promoting an enabling environment for freedom of expression, press freedom and journalistic safety, facilitating pluralism and participation in media, and supporting sustainable and independent media institutions.
- Member States have adopted and/or applied relevant policies and normative frameworks to strengthen the environment for freedom of expression, press freedom and safety of journalists.
- Member States have enhanced pluralistic media and empowered audiences.
- Local actors in Member States have fostered media development through International Programme for the Development of Communication (IPDC)
Main line of action 2: Enabling universal access and preservation of information and knowledge
- Member States have advanced universal access to information through Open Solutions.
- Member States have preserved documentary heritage through the Memory of the World Programme
- Member States’ capacities for the use of ICT for sustainable, knowledge-based development enhanced through the implementation of the World Summit on the Information Society (WSIS) outcomes and of the Information for All Programme (IFAP) priorities, towards inclusive and pluralistic knowledge societies.
- International Programme for the Development of Communication (IPDC)
- Information for All Programme (IFAP)
International Programme for the Development of Communication (IPDC)
Information for All Programme (IFAP)